Saturday, April 7, 2007

QotW10: One of My (Second) Life's Greatest Failures

Orientation Island: Appearance Castle


I have to say that Second Life (SL) is fun if you know your way around. Sadly, I'm a non-computer game freak. In other words, I'm a computer game idiot. As much as I enjoy escapism into a virtual or make-believe world, SL just isn't my cup of tea.

I did have fun choosing my avatar though. For easy identification I created Felsong Anatine. Felsong for me and Anatine because it was one of the first few names on the list that sounded pretty. As I was unable to graduate from Orientation Island, one of my life's greatest failures, I took my time making my avatar pretty instead.



For starters, I tried to make her look like me. Bangs for my recently acquired fringe, rather long hair, and perky boobs! I was tickled pink by the instant breast enlargement and shaping that SL provided. Instant lipsuction treatments for trouble spots like thighs as well! It's little wonder that I've only been seeing hot girls and guys around. I chose a fuchsia top with belled sleeves because that's one of my favorite colors and the sleeves gave it a vintage feel (all the rage right now, I think). Did a bit of layering with the white tank underneath (something that's difficult to do in hot and humid Singapore), and threw on a pair of jeans and black boots for good measure.



I met two guys who happened to choose the same avatar, bumbling around Orientation Island as well. One was from Tokyo, the other from the Philippines. I called them the identical twins. Both were equally hot, and equally clueless as I about SL. Which goes to show that good-looking people aren't exactly very smart. Haha. Tokyo guy asked me about getting around, so I tried to help him as best as I could then said goodbye.



I quite enjoyed flying around though. It gave me a feeling of freedom. Like a bird, if you will. I finally took a snapshot of my avatar sitting in a throne-like chair in the Appearance Castle. Partly because the 'throne' was put there for that very purpose, and partly because I like fantasy-ish stuff.



I do hope to immerse myself in SL again so long as the service improves here in Singapore and my computer doesn't crash every five minutes.

No comments: