Sunday, January 21, 2007

Gatecrashing Class B

I gatecrashed Class B on Thursday to kill time at first but I ended up paying attention to the entire lecture (more or less). I have to say that you guys in B class certainly get more information than we do! I don't know whether to be jealous or not. After all, A class gets the better class times.

In any case, I read through the assigned readings for week 2 and discovered that they are hideously long. Your mind just kind of blanks out after a certain number of words. However, I have to admit that they're useful in that they provide defnitions for some of the stuff we learn in class.

Also, I have found that it is very difficult to define what a blog is. In my previous post I focused solely on personal (diary) and corporate blogs. The additional readings showed that the term blog can be pretty loosely used. The blog is so much more than an individual's expression. It can be a private forum between friends or an online self-published newsletter. In short, it can be anything you want it to be.

I'm actually toying with the idea of setting up a blog for book reviews. It'll probably be like the sort of book review websites all over the Internet but I want to give it a shot anyway. I plan on writing book reviews for books that I enjoy and then inviting my friends who enjoy reading the same stuff I'm into to write reviews as well. Since we're all from the same forums (i.e. Yahoo!Groups, LiveJournal), and constantly get new members asking for book recommendations, this booklog might prove valuable.

Now, I just have to figure out a name for it. Fantasy Femme Fatales? Ah...I'll figure something out. Something less restrictive that is.

2 comments:

Christabel said...

Class B is actually a blessing in disguise. Just kidding, hop in when you are interested. love to see u around

Kevin said...

I'm impressed by your interest. It's natural that the later group would get more information, but I might try some things differently in each group to see if students react differently :)